Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1st letter from Seattle - June 16, 2009

Here are excerpts from Tiffany's first letter after arriving in Seattle:

"Well I almost made it though the interview with the Mission President without crying, but I ended up crying during the closing prayer. I am just so grateful to our Heavenly Father for the sacrifice of His Son."

"Well, I made it to Seattle. My goal of giving away a copy of the Book of Mormon before I got here didn't work. But while I was in the Seattle airport I did try twice to give a copy away - failed both time. The first time the man wasn't very interested at all about receiving a copy of the Book of Mormon. The second time the guy was really nice... but didn't want it either. So I didn't want it either. So I didn't accomplish that goal but I feel good for honestly trying."

"I found out that there are a total of 4 Spanish-speaking sisters in the whole mission, including me! So I'm sure I'll be with the same companions most of the time. It is really hard to be here without any companions - I won't get to meet my 'trainer' until about 3:00 or 4:00 and it's only 11:00 am right now. It feels so weird to just be surrounded by Elders and not have any sisters except the mission president's wife. I will be so excited to get to meet my new companion and not feel so lost. I completely understand how returned missionaries feel lost when they get back from their mission... not having a companion to be around all of the time."

"Well this letter might not be the best letter I've written. My head is kind of all over the place today. It will be nice to get settled and have some stability. On the plane ride I met a couple of Elders that are in my mission but I don't know who I will end up working with."

"I love you all! Hope all is well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment